Tuesday, June 7, 2016

CosplaySky- Rin Tohsaka review


CosplaySky - Rin Tohsaka (ver.2) review 



I purchased this cosplay from CosplaySky July of last year. I tried to write a review directly on the costume page but was unable so I'm typing one here! 
 


Quality: VERY GOOD! 
This was my first purchase from CosplaySky and I was pleasantly surprised! 
  • The quality of the top was very well made. The cross/dots are made of a "costume pleather" material and are neatly stitched on. 
  • The top material itself is a "uniform knitting" which adds a nice professional made feel to the costume. 
  • The buttons on the wrists are attached well and are sturdy enough to be able to button (and unbutton) the multiple times I've worn this. 
  • The skirt is made of a thinner uniform material. It is quite a bit thinner than the top but I've not had any problems with it being see-through (I've done multiple photoshoots in this cosplay). The pleats do start to come out a bit after a while, but this is to be expected with the thinner fabric.

  • The thigh highs were VERY thin, too long for me (I am 5'6"), and did not stay up on their own. I also already had separate thigh highs so I just used the ones I already. The thigh highs are still in the bag and have never been worn for pictures. 
The lighting makes the bows look brown in this photo, but they are indeed black in person.
The clip on the underside of each bow.

  • The hairbows are well made! They have a little clip on the underside of each bow and stayed on my wig all day long with no problems at all! 


Price: $65.00 (for premade sizes)
Mine was custom sized so that was $20.00 extra, so it came out to $85.00 (not including shipping and handing). 

Shipping: good!
Shipping took a little more than 2 weeks (if I remember correctly). I was also advised at time of purchase that "custom sizing" could take a little longer so I was in no rush. PLUS I ordered the Archer outfit (custom sizing as well) as the same time so I knew it would be a little while. :)

OVERALL

Quality 9/10
Price 8/10
Shipping 8/10

Top picture directly from the CosplaySky page. Product detail photos by me. Photos below are by their respective photographers (credits below each photo).

PHOTOS OF THIS COSTUME IN ACTION!

Photo by Kaze Photography
Photo by MH Photography

Photo by MH Photography (edit by me)

Thank you for reading~



No comments:

Post a Comment