Monday, June 13, 2016

CosplaySky - Rin Tohsaka (uniform outfit) review

CosplaySky - Rin Tohsaka (uniform) review 



My boyfriend gifted me this cosplay from CosplaySky for my birthday last year.
I love it and here's my review!


Quality: Pretty Good! 
Ok so the first thing I noticed about this costume when it arrived was the high quality of the coat! It's made of thick/heavyweight fabric and is FULLY LINED! I could definitely wear this in cooler weather.


The red edging on the white top is a nice touch! It's made out of a "costume pleather" material, similar to the "cross/dots" that are on the Rin Tohsaka (ver. 2) outfit they also offer. Review for that costume is here.

The bow has to be attached to the front of the white top. I attached mine with a safety pin. The bow material is thick and the gold edging seems to be a type of costume vinyl. The bow's material is fairly stiff so it does not "lay" flat. I was going to use thin wire on the back of the ribbon to keep it laying flat but I could not find it before my shoot so I ended up taping "twist-ties" to the undersides of the bow and it worked just fine.

The vest is also lined and has functional buttons AND pockets! Functional pockets are always a BIG plus in costumes!

The skirt is made of a thinner uniform material. I found that the pleats in this costume wanted to come out more than the pleats in my other Rin costume. If you want really defined pleats, I'd recommend re-ironing them before you plan to wear.



The thigh highs were the same material as the ones from the other Rin costume but in case you have not read my other review, here's what I had to say about them:

"The thigh highs were VERY thin, too long for me (I am 5'6"), and did not stay up on their own. The thigh highs are still in the bag and have never been worn for pictures. "

I had a pair of black tights that I wore this this costume in particular.

The hairbows are well made! They have a little clip on the underside of each bow and stayed on my wig all day long with no problems at all! 

The lighting makes the bows look brown in this photo, but they are indeed black in person.
The clip on the underside of each bow.


Fit: Ok
The white shirt is VERY tight around my bust which I found odd since this costume should have been custom sized. Luckily I have a small chest (wait did I just say "luckily"?) so I just wore a unpadded bra and was fine. The bicep area is also tight but I believe my upper arms may be larger than most who would be ordering this costume so you SHOULD be fine, but if you do any sort of upper body workouts frequently, that might be something to take note of.

The vest was a little tight but not bad. Similar to the top, I just made sure to wear the outfit with an unpadded bra and was ok.

The coat's upper arm area was also on the snug side for me so wearing this over the white top made it difficult to cross my arms. My arm movement was a bit restricted while wearing this costume for sure.

The skirt fit perfectly.

Price: $69.00 (for premade sizes)
Mine was custom sized so that was $20.00 extra, so it came out to $89.00 (not including shipping and handing).

Shipping: not 100% sure because it was a gift, BUT I do believe it was about the same time as my other purchases from CosplaySky, which was around 2 weeks.


OVERALL

Quality 8/10
Fit 6/10
Price 8/10
Shipping 8/10

Top picture directly from the CosplaySky page. Product detail photos by me. Photos below are by their respective photographers (credits below each photo).


PHOTOS OF THIS COSTUME IN ACTION!


Photo by JH Photography
Photo by JH Photography
Photo by JH Photography
Photo by JH Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment